ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3000 psi tube QB78

Hybrid View

Thank you Eric, and I made the valve POS seal a pos taking it out....he he. PCP for me tomorrow!

Well, ...interesting! At 1500 psi it sounds like a 22LR but there is something not right. Following the shot it sounds like i have a load of air traveling through the barrel after the pellet has left. I am guessing the valve is staying open too long? I had modded the valve and made a pedestal for the spring and might not have put enough tension on the spring, as well put a spacer about 3/16 on the hammer side. I am now left with the question do I remove the spacer or crank up the valve spring tension?. I have no numbers to share at this point but it shoots very strong. Shot count is way down as well, around 12 shots from 1500 - 650 psi

I pull mine apart all the time and reuse the breach seal and Orings

Did you do some deburring while you had it apart...I'm guessing yes
    Sean

I did smooth everything out pretty nice. Think I should make some pretty brass end caps while it is apart. Caught myself reaching for the end of the barrel tonight....hard habit to "break"...lol

Quote Originally Posted by remtom1200 View Post
    I did smooth everything out pretty nice. Think I should make some pretty brass end caps while it is apart. Caught myself reaching for the end of the barrel tonight....hard habit to "break"...lol
    I got some real "bling"available- nickel/chrome coated QB barrels and breeches- nice silver look to them. No time to put them online, however.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

I need to see these Eric!

well SeanMP you just had to show me those links, and Eric your being a tease...LOL! I'm sitting here with my QB in parts, just put the valve spring back closer to factory, and undecided on that spacer for the hammer spring. If I remove it will there be lockup, or if I put it in the lathe to take a little off? Maybe I should leave it and lighten my hammer a little? I feel as though I should be wasting less time wondering and making one of those power adjusters, that is a thing of beauty!

thanks Al, seems I didnt turn the knob to the proper diameter for a good knurl so I stopped before it was too deep. I will measure twice this time..lol. Right now I am thinking of a way to secure the end caps without drilling a hole down through the breech. Oh this kind of stuff makes my work day go much faster Work seems to be slowing my progress at home...ha ha

It needs to be steel because of the negative tolerances. You can dress it up to look like a muzzle brake and the air stripper on the end can be brass.

Spending some time playing with barrel weights to see what gives you the best groups would give you an idea of how much material you need to accomplish both tasks.
    Sean

+ Reply to Thread