ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retained Air Pumper or PCP With An Onboard Pump?

Hybrid View

Actually converting a 2240 to use HPA with an external pump is really easy. You need to buy or make a bulk fill end cap and you need to tear down the gun completely and clean it. Then relubricate with silicone grease. This method simply uses the empty CO2 tube for an HPA reservoir.....thats the bargain basement route.

Next cheapest is to swap the tube with a larger one from another model. More volume is more shots.

And then the really slick cool way is adding in the HiPac
    Sean

To convert a 2240 to HPA you also need to fasten the valve properly into the tube if you are filling the tube directly, and seal it to the tube with O-rings.... The HiPac is a much simpler route, although I have always done the direct fill method using a Disco valve secured in the tube with three 8-32 screws....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Thank you all for your expertice,

This discussion just gets more interestiing... Well Sean, is Bob correct about the O-ring addition to the valve? Would the silicone grease stop the LPA from passing the valve and just wasting away. I had actually considered the fill end cap conversion, but, could not get past machining the valve for an O-ring. In my caveman mentality I had envisioned beveling the check valve body and the stem valve body to form a groove for placing an o-ring and quickly dismissed that idea.

In Costa Rica we are unregulated; there is just no reliable machine shop access, but, I can purchase silicone grease he he he.

As for the Hipac: Gippeto is clearing up my misunderstandings, PM. It does seem like a reasonable upgrade. Since I will be hand pumping, smaller tube means fewer pumps for more pressure.

You guys are the best. On a side note: I have visited around the BC, Canada area several times and I really like the culture/social climate. Whenever I returned state side I would always comment: "If not for the weather, I would move to Canada, I really love the people." Thank you for reinforcing my belief that Canadians are the kindest people in the world.

+ Reply to Thread