ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Awful news to share!!

Hybrid View

The latest update tonight:

Hello Everyone:

I'm sorry for the mass email but I'm running on fumes here. My computer crashed last night and after unsuccessfully trying to fix it, I couldn't get any emails out. My son-in-law who is a computer genius, fixed it for me tonight. I was up at 4 am to be with Bob for his early morning surgery.

The surgery was successful. The pacemaker/defibrillator is in and was tested to make sure it works. The original plan was to release him from hospital this afternoon but he has had some swelling at the incision site, so the doctor wants to keep him overnight for observation. The game plan is to hopefully release him sometime tomorrow (Friday) and then we will head home to Coalmont on Saturday morning (weather permitting).

The MRI showed a very small spot that indicates at some time in his past he had a very minor heart attack that he was unaware of. The doctor said that the scar tissue could have done something to short circuit his heart and that could have caused the incident on Dec. 30 but we will never know for sure. His heart appears to be very healthy and the doctor said this implant will relieve any worries of this happening ever again. They are going to let us do all of our follow-up appointments in Penticton because it is closer and we don't have to drive through the mountains to get there.

Bob was very up-beat after his surgery until he learned he had to stay another night, that made him very sad. It has been a very long haul for all of us but hopefully we will be back home on Saturday. I will let you know what happens. Keep him in your prayers.

Regards,

Diane"

Let's hope the next message out is one from Bob...

(funny smilie above- supposed to be "enthusiasm"
    but I think it's a bit lacking)
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Good news to hear! That's a bit of a relief. Thanks for the update, and let Diane know we appreciate the news...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    "Ain't No Half Way"

-S.R.V.

Hhehehehe

We could whip up a very stylish Faraday suit.

I got this nifty copper mesh from lee valley and a sewing machine

Being tethered to a ground spike could be a bit of a pain though.

But I bet your dog would think it's funnier than h$!!
    Sean

I guess some sort of wire mesh that was grounded would work well.... but I'm not really that concerned and the literature they give you basically says "most power tools are OK".... I'm sure it's mostly a matter of CYA from the manufacturer and doctors and they'd rather be safe than sorry....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

Bob is back online- has posted on at least one other forum. When he remembers the name of this place he might appear.

Hi Bob,

Good to see you're up and about... I can understand why you can't use an arc welder... but a chainsaw!?!?!?

I can't wait to see your new 9mm. In fact, I'm drooling with anticipation.

Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by maecolis View Post
    Hi Bob,

Good to see you're up and about... I can understand why you can't use an arc welder... but a chainsaw!?!?!?

I can't wait to see your new 9mm. In fact, I'm drooling with anticipation.

Welcome back.
    Actually I don't understand either. Why can't you use a welder and a chainsaw? Is the welder because of electrics screwing with the pacemaker or is it something else? The chainsaw, is it because of the physical movements involved in using it? My father had open heart surgery many years ago and after a few weeks he was pretty much able to do what he did before.

If it is a concern, there must be something you could wear- apron/bib type idea that would block electrical/magnetic fields - ?

Honestly, I say do whatever your heart desires even if it don't tick right and needs help....You got yourself a defibulator and know how to use it now...lol...Oh sure we can laugh at it now. (I'm sure your wife would say different and give me sh*t) But as you know that old saying...You only live twice......No, no, that's not right, it's, you only live once.....Goes to show that some sayings came about before new technology was invented.....Juuuusssst kidd'n. Stay safe.
    As my woman says...
    " Keep a cool tool and don't let your meat loaf"
    Remember! Blue side up.

Well I used my lathe, both bandsaws, bench grinder, hand drill, and bench sander today.... everything except my 1940s drill press.... so I guess I'm good to go....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

+ Reply to Thread