ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is wrong in Canada

Apparently, Canadian Tire is no longer carrying Crosman CO2. I went to 2 CT's and was told that they are no longer carrying it after their current inventory is sold. All the CO2 that they carry will only be JT.

They are just gathering personal information. Tell them where to insert the CO2 and buy it some where else.

Rule with an iron fist...lol. Your papers please. Soon they're not gonna say please.
    I don't and won't buy from anyone or company that asks for my papers. Especially when there is no law that states the need for this. Store policy,shmore shmalacy. my a**! I'd rather go without than show my papers.
    Have a look at my avatar, I didn't choose it and use it for no reason.It's my subtle message.
    Stop! showing your papers please.
    Remember! Blue side up.

I told them I will be the first one to sign up for the class action lawsuit..

Firstly, although I'm not condoning CTC policies they do have the right to set whatever "conditions of sale" they feel are appropriate. As long as what they are asking is
    a) Non discriminatory
    b) Not Illegal in itself

Ferrari will not sell you a car until you have completed their drivers course
    Rolls Royce will not sell you a car unless you can show you have the appropriate assets to maintain that car for it's projected lifetime
    The pharmacy in a major city will not sell you Sudafed unless you provide ALL your personal information.

These are all conditions of sale and are all completely legitimate. If you do not accept the conditions you have the right to not proceed with that transaction.

But secondly and more importantly why are you supporting CTC at all? They are far more interested in selling her the latest Martha Stewart flatware than him a rifle or a set of tires. The margin on that set of tires is 25% the margin on the flatware is closer to a 1000%. My local canadian tire is one of the handful that have an entire grocery store in the middle.

The solution is simple....don't support mass retailers, because they just don't care about you or your 25%

Support Eric, support your local gunsmith/outdoors shop, or support dedicated merchandisers like LeBaron....they all have one thing in common. You are their ONLY market.
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMP View Post
    Firstly, although I'm not condoning CTC policies they do have the right to set whatever "conditions of sale" they feel are appropriate. As long as what they are asking is
    a) Non discriminatory
    b) Not Illegal in itself

Ferrari will not sell you a car until you have completed their drivers course
    Rolls Royce will not sell you a car unless you can show you have the appropriate assets to maintain that car for it's projected lifetime
    The pharmacy in a major city will not sell you Sudafed unless you provide ALL your personal information.

These are all conditions of sale and are all completely legitimate. If you do not accept the conditions you have the right to not proceed with that transaction.

But secondly and more importantly why are you supporting CTC at all? They are far more interested in selling her the latest Martha Stewart flatware than him a rifle or a set of tires. The margin on that set of tires is 25% the margin on the flatware is closer to a 1000%. My local canadian tire is one of the handful that have an entire grocery store in the middle.

The solution is simple....don't support mass retailers, because they just don't care about you or your 25%

Support Eric, support your local gunsmith/outdoors shop, or support dedicated merchandisers like LeBaron....they all have one thing in common. You are their ONLY market.
    I do support Eric, and other small retailers. However getting some CO2 on Sunday at 4pm is not easy. I would hate to drive to Perth, show up at his house and get him to go to unlock the store to get me some CO2. Sometimes the problem is convenience and the answer is convenience.

+ Reply to Thread