ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: field targets

Hybrid View

Nice looking. I am wondering how much power will be need to knock the target down? It looks like it leans quite far forward. Unless it is balanced very good I don't see a sub 500 knocking them down.
    Just thinking out loud

Fab
    Remember! Blue side up.

Nice work. If you can get them to drop at 4.2 fpe, you'd have a bigger market with the sub-500 crowd...

Same here. It was on my mind to do that tomorrow but I would rather support another member as well

Goin to the WoodSource tomorrow...say a little prayer for my pocket book
    Sean

Just an FYI.... Standard Field Targets are usually made of 3/16" steel plate to stand up to the 20 FPE guns allowed.... They are tested to fall with a hit of 5 FPE.... less if they are to be used at a non-PAL meet....

Bob
    Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
    Airsonal: Too many to count!

i was knocking the proto with my sub pal phantom as well , i had no problem so far but obviously the test phase is not yet compleded.

3mm is almost 3/16 it's actualy right in betwin 1/8 and 3 /16. i have no doupts in my mind it can stand a point blank 20 fpe shot

Quote Originally Posted by poil27 View Post
    i was knocking the proto with my sub pal phantom as well , i had no problem so far but obviously the test phase is not yet compleded.

3mm is almost 3/16 it's actualy right in betwin 1/8 and 3 /16. i have no doupts in my mind it can stand a point blank 20 fpe shot
    I'm with rsterne on this one. I think you may find that 3mm will be to light a material over the long haul. Sure it will stand up to one shot. But the way I shoot it would need to stand up to 100's and 100's of missed shots. I have a couple of Exotic Woodies FT targets and they are all min 3/16 . They do take a pounding and survive.
    3mm = .1181
    1/8" = .1250
    3/16 = .1875
    4.8mm = .1890

OK,

I thought I said, $30 to $35. Even $45 would probably work for something at least as good.
    Bear in mind I was thinking that it would be better to sell a couple of hundred at $35 instead of a dozen at $75.

Let me say this again, $25.30 total complete cost for 1 Gamo Squirrel Field Target delivered to my door.
    They come ready to assemble and use as is, no need to buy anything else.
    Yes they are cheap but that is what poil27 is up against. That will be his main competiton.

Also, I just measured a Gamo squirrel face plate and it is 2.7mm thick, appears to be mild steel.
    Can't be all that bad as they are a rather popular field target and get good reviews. (perhaps most popular?)
    So 3mm of a better quality steel such as cold rolled should be fine and would help keep the cost down.

As well laser cutting is a production method not hand cutting. It has replaced conventional stamping as it is cheaper.
    No expensive dies to produce and maintain. As it was mentioned I was thinking production, not custom one of a kind.

poil27,

I will try to find some contact info for a company in Ottawa which I used a few years ago.
    They were very good and priced great for some custom electronic cabinets that we used for commercial sonar equipment.
    I am not sure if they are still in business but will check for you. I hope they are as the time they were willing to do one-off prototyping.

Grunt

Nice work,

I have a dozen of the Gamo targets but I like the looks of these.
    3mm should be heavy enough to handle some higher power guns.

Grunt

I sure do like that rooster. Hope you can get these to market in the near future. They look well made.

will check the diferences betwin 11 and 9 ga steel in price it may end up in 9 ga steel , i may stay in 3mm but get higher grade steel thanks for the input it's always apreciated

+ Reply to Thread