ScopesAndAmmo.com Store Logo

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some help finding a Pistol

Need some help finding a Pistol

Hello guys, new to the forum and have a question that i need some help with. Heres my situation, ive been enjoying the hobby of airgunning for a fair amount of years. During that time ive managed to put together a fine collection of rifles from a number of manufactures, mostly high power PCP's. However, i recently found interest in shooting pistols. Unfortunately i seem to have run into a problem sourcing a worthy pistol in terms of ability. Our Canadian market doesnt have a healthy choice of high power pistols, likely because of our ridiculous firearm laws. Im hoping a fellow airgunner could help point me in the right direction, does any one know how i can find someone here in Canada or perhaps in the USA that would sell me a pistol preferably a PCP. I have a valid PAL for both "Restricted " and " Non Restricted ". Any info to help would really be appreciated.

Thanks
    Johnny Sacco

The challenge is that many airgun manufacturers will not sell pistols above 500fps into Canada, even to gun dealers. If you know what you want, try contacting www.scopesandammo.com/storefront and they can see about getting it. However, any ideas about paying a US price with only the US-CAD dollar conversion applied is likely a fantasy as a Restricted firearm would require special handling and brokerage for a dealer to get it over the border.
    I'd say I care- but I'd probably be lying...

Thanks for helping, i will definitely be contacting them to see if they can help. Im some what familiar with Scopes And Ammo but i cant say ive done any business with them, i checked out their site out of curiosity to see what they were all about but never payed to much attention to all their details. As far as manufactures not selling anything over 500 fps in Canada, i have to say i was under the impression it was just Crosman. It has been just recently that ive been inquiring about purchasing a pistol so im on a learning curve, and learning new things. The guys over at Air Gun Source who i mainly do business with told me to try, Gravel Agency in Quebec, unfortunately they deal strictly with Crosman, and like you said, they will not ship any of their pistols with a vilosity greater then 500fps. So even Crosman/Benjamin Marauder pistol is out of the question, i guess the fact the barrel is shrouded doesnt help either.
    I also took into consideration the extra fees and taxes that would likely be added to the final cost. Perhaps im crazy and realize that the end cost may be outrageous, its all part of the sickness that comes with a hobby like airgunning. Keep any ideas coming, ive got nothing to loose .

+ Reply to Thread