I was able to get back to machining the breech today, and finished everything except the bolt slot.... The breech accepts a .25 MRod self-indexing magazine, and Lloyd at AirGunLab is tooling up to supply them in a 7-shot .30 cal version.... The breech accepts a 1/2" OD barrel, and the plan is for Sean to supply them in both .25 cal and .30 cal versions.... The boss on the front is 3/4" diameter, to accept a 7/8" OD Carbon Fibre barrel shroud, allowing the barrel to be tensioned by the screw-on Hatsan style air stripper.... Here is what it looks like at the present time....

The breech mounts in three places, at the rear to the RVA (end plug), in the middle to one of the two positions of the 4-48 screw (allowing it to be used on a Disco or 22XX tube), and at the front with a band around the main tube between the trigger and gauge location.... The barrel is solidly mounted with three 8-32 setscrews.... The rigidity of this breech and barrel assembly should be superior to any other breech I have seen on a Disco/22XX, eliminating accuracy robbing flexing and bending....

There are three holes in the middle of this breech because the holes drilled in the Disco tube I have were misaligned, so I had to drill and tap another hole in between them and use that.... Only that hole is counterbored in this breech.... Normally that hole would be absent, and both the other locations would be counterbored.... One difference in this breech is that I left enough material under the magazine to allow a standard 4-48 SHCS to be used instead of the custom low-profile one Crosman uses that accepts that tiny 0.050" allen key.... The thicker head on a standard 4-48 SHCS accepts a 3/32" allen key, so no more stripping out the head of the screw.... The 4-40 screws in the breech band will accept the same size tool....

I have passed along the names of everyone who has asked for a barrel from the initial production run to Sean.... He's pretty busy right now, but will contact all of you with a price as soon as he can.... In the meantime, I'll continue building parts so that when my barrel arrives hopefully it will the the last thing that needs machining....

Bob